* Train peoples how to treat you by treating yourself well and insisting others to do so too.
* Practice positive self-talk to help improve your self-image. Allow your self-image to be like an invisible shield so that undeserved criticism will bounce right off.
* Develop courage – challenge yourself to do one scary (positive) thing each day. Taking risks builds self-esteem because facing your fears helps you to gain confidence.
* Treat yourself as a friend, with the same courtesies, love, and compassion you had given to a trusted friend.
* Ask yourself, “How can I get more of what makes me feel successful and happy in my life?” Do something nice for yourself everyday.
* Do something useful for others. Sometimes stepping outside yourself, forgetting your own worries and helping someone else can give your self-esteem a big boost.
* Believe in your own bests intentions and trust your own innate goodness. Be gentle with yourself.
* Take good care of your body. Exercise and healthy living helps you to feel good about you